Monday, March 31, 2014

Plate on a budget "Pork chops"

So for dinner today I made Pork chops and vegetables with some mushrooms.  This whole meal cost me $1.94 to make.

I have found that it's easy to eat a well balanced diet on the cheap.

Did you know that you can buy a variety of frozen vegetable for $1 at several big grocery stores?  They have a couple of different brands to choose from.

For instance at Ralph's I love these two brands $1 each.  They also have frozen rice.

I know Ralph's also have specials on meet from time to time.  So I usually buy that meat and freeze what I don't use in small freezer bags.  This week they had pork chops on sale, and there was only one bag left, so I took that one.  The original price was $9.06, however I paid $5.79  for 4 pork chops. What a deal.

Just a few tips on finding good protein deals and vegetable deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment