Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Katheryn Deprill: 'Burger King Baby' looks for her mom

Katheryn Deprill, the so-called “Burger King Baby,” was left as an infant at a BK fast food restaurant nearly three decades ago, before social media sites were even invented. Now, the 27-year-old Pennsylvania woman is using Facebook to search for her birth mother. According to UPI on March 5, Deprill posted a picture on her Facebook page holding a sign and reaching out for assistance. Katheryn’s sign reads: Looking for my birth mother. She gave birth to me September 15th 1986. She abandoned me in the Burger King bathroom only hours old (in) Allentown, Pa. Please help me find her by sharing my post. Maybe she will see this. Thank you. As of the writing of this article, Katheryn’s page had either been taken down or went offline. (I will keep checking and link her page if it comes back up.) However, I was able to find a post of her story on Facebook here, as carried by the Facebook page "One Thing at a Time to Make a Difference." “It looks like so far there's 2,000 shares and I've seen people share it in Mexico,” Deprill said. “I feel like there's a piece of me missing.” Katheryn was found as a newborn on the bathroom floor of a Burger King on South 4th Street in Allentown. “Someone had heard me crying and they notified the staff and they came in. I was laying there on the floor,” Deprill explained, adding that she has had a happy childhood. “I'm not looking to replace my brothers and sisters now or my family, my mom and dad, 'cause it was great, we had the best childhood,” she said. Her adoptive mother, Brenda Hollis, is fully supportive of her step-daughter’s plea. “I think it's just kind of fun, like there's so many questions to be asked and it's just, I am so excited about it,” Hollis said. Deprill is married with three boys. She said she has no legal concerns, and is not searching for her mother to chastise her or seek needed emotional closure. “I really want to see her and just ask her why and see if I have any brothers and sisters and anyone that looks like me,” she said. “We're not coming after you for anything. We're not angry. I just want to see you. I want to say thank you for not throwing me away, literally.” Being a mother, Deprill can relate to the pressures of raising a child, and conceded that some young moms simply cannot take the strain. “I came to realize, especially now being a mother, it's very hard, things are very expensive and I would guess she just couldn't give me the life that she wanted, which is why she left me in a warm, public place,” Deprill speculated. “If she's a young girl, was a young girl, I would hope that we could be friends, that she could be a friend to her.” Please share this article and help Katheryn possibly reunite with her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment