Saturday, August 14, 2010

Real Talk w/Bobby Hardy Wednesday August 18th at 7:00AM


My special guest on August 18 will be Mr Tony Jones of My girl 1 & 2 with (Dan Akroyde and Jamie Lee Curtis). We will also welcome Michelle Armenta a spokeswoman for working wardrobes. .Michelle Armenta remembers the three female volunteers who came into the room at the start of a Career Success program at Phoenix House in Santa Ana. "I thought to myself, these women are just going to get torn up," she said with a laugh. "But I listened to what they had to say, and what they had to say changed my life."

After her first arrest in 2005 on drug-related charges, Armenta was facing jail time. She was sentenced to spend six months in jail and six months in rehab.

During her stay at Phoenix House, she went through Working Wardrobe's career program. She received a job lead from Working Wardrobes and landed work in customer service.

"Working Wardrobes helps you with the whole process, even the simplest things, like setting up an e-mail address and a resume," she said. "The program just makes people look at themselves differently."

She credits Karen Lawson, a consultant for Clover Brands Marketing and a Working Wardrobes volunteer, for coaching her toward success.

"I still call her all the time to talk or for advice – even for small things like if my shirt will look good with something. I think that's how you can tell how effective this program is and how strong the bonds are that it creates," said Armenta, 40.

In 2007, she went back to Working Wardrobes to volunteer as a success coach. She now works as a sales representative: "I'm so grateful to Working Wardrobes, and I'm so happy I was able to bring this program to other women."

DONATE TO WORKING WARDROBES: http://www.workingwardrobes.org/pledge.htm or call
(714) 210-2460

No comments:

Post a Comment